It may take a few more weeks for the app to be on Google Play. I’ll send a notification through the preview app to let you know when it comes out. For now, you can download the complete package and try it on your Android device. Here are the steps:
- Use Chrome on your device to DOWNLOAD THE PREVIEW APK PACKAGE and run it. You may need to allow the package to “install from unknown sources” (and enable the Developer mode beforehand. Please google this!).
- If you are using a computer, you also need to download the APK package above, and try googling how to install it from your computer. You’ll figure it out!
The iOS version is now being reviewed by Apple and may take a few more weeks to be on App Store. For now, you can download the complete package and try it on your iOS device. Here are the steps:
- Download and install TestFlight from App Store. TestFlight is used for previewing apps before they are available on App Store.
- Click on this link to download and install the app.
This app allows access to most materials on the website, with advanced language tools and features specifically designed for iOS and Android devices. You will need the Internet to use the app for now, but in the future, I’ll try to improve it so that you can download and view the contents offline.
The first screen you’ll see when opening the app is the Home section containing main functionalities found in the Navigation sidebar as well as featured contents which will be updated frequently.
To access the Navigation sidebar, tap on the hamburger icon . This sidebar can also be accessed on smartphones by an inwards swipe from the left screen edge, or through the Menu section (the upper part) of the website.
The Home section lists all basic features:
- Login/Logout and Free Membership allow you to sign in, sign out or register for a free account to access certain contents on the website (though many of them are made public).
- View/Buy Credits allows you to see and purchase credits to access premium resources. You can also earn more credits by logging in every day, sharing or contributing contents to the website, taking part in quizzes, etc. More information can be found in relevant materials. I’ll update this section when the app is ready.
The Exams section opens a list of international exams, including IELTS, Cambridge English: Advanced, Proficiency, and O/A Level, where you can find free and premium exam advice and preparation materials. I will try to support more exams like SAT in the near future.
The Cornucopia section, as the name suggests, contains an abundance of useful contents, designed to help you improve your language (Use of English) as well as skills through Authentic Listening (CNN, The Reuters,…) and Authentic Reading (The Guardian, The Telegraph,…). Most of the contents are open access, but some require login or credits.
Finally, the E-Store section displays all free and premium materials for you to download and subscribe. Many of them can be accessed using both the website and this app, but some only work in either of the platforms.
(please come back later)